Jul 27, 2014

Google+ Explore (What's Hot)

In the topic of social recommendation, Google+ seems behind FB in a long distance.
Explore of Google+

Recently, I noticed that "What's Hot" was replaced with "Explore". It may be replaced for several months, since I seldom use G+ (the Ghost Town!) for social activities. But when I saw this new feature "Explore", I am thinking that G+ supports users to "explore tags to gradually shrink the searching domain for recommendations". I found I am wrong instantly.

First I browsed into #Technology to find some information about cutting edge gadgets.

Top level: 10 hot tags, you can input desired tags
Input my desired tag: big data
When I stay in #Technology and input "#big data", I think every intelligent system will interpret my motivation is "finding information about #Technology and #big data. No results were satisfied by me.


Back to home of Explore and input #LBS, frustrated results appeared again.


Try some specific topic #AndroidWear, the result seems ok. 

Google should constantly analyze the user data logs and behaviors based on Big Data, such recommended results make me think G+ might be given up by Google soon.


No comments :

Post a Comment